Facebook is by far the most widely used social media platform for Realtors. Studies have shown that nearly 80% of Realtors are using Facebook to promote their businesses. In addition to offering Realtors a cost-effective way to promote their properties, it also provides a range of new opportunities to grow business and attract new buyers. Melissa Savenko, a RE/MAX Commonwealth Realtor from Virginia stated,
“Social media has definitely become the wave of the future for real estate advertising. I use Facebook to promote my listings, to market open houses and to notify other agents and the public about price drops and additional incentives.”
Follow these simple steps to make the most out of your Facebook business page.
- Create and maintain a professional image – Don’t post things you wouldn’t want your clients to see. Photos of inappropriate things aren’t likely to inspire trust between you and your followers. Keep your image positive and professional.
- Be consistent – It is important to stay active with your posts about your business. Try to post on your business page at least once per week to keep your followers engaged!
- Make interesting and relevant status updates – Don’t make your posts exclusively about listings! Try sharing blogs, tips, advice, and news articles to educate your followers.
- Ask for feedback! – Post photos and ask your followers what they think! You’ll be surprised at the amount of feedback you receive from your followers and starting a conversation with them could lead to more business.
- Integrate Facebook into your existing marketing – In addition to allowing your clients to follow you on Facebook from your website consider integrating it into other forms of Marketing. For example, if you have a blog, set it up to automatically post each new article to your Facebook.
At Fairway Independent Mortgage of Carolinas, our goal is to help promote our partners while serving the best needs of our clients. We always promote our partners in social media as well as on our blog. Call one of our nine regional offices today, we’d be happy to answer any questions you may have!