The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has some tips to help you be better at avoiding being a victim of consumer fraud...
1. Know who you're dealing with. Only do buisiness with companys that clearly provide their name, street address and phone number.
2. Protect you personal information. Only share credit card and other personal information when buying from a company you know and tdrust.
3. Take your time. Resist the urge to "act now". Most any offer that's good today will be good tomorrow, too.
4. Rate the risks. Every potentially high-profit investment is a high-risk invesment. Tha means you could lose your investment -- ALL of it.
5. Read the small print. Get ALL promises in writing and read all paperwork before making any payment sof signing any contracts. Pay special attention to the small print.
6. "Free" means free. Throw out any offer that says you have to pay to get a gift or a "free" gift. If something is free or a gift, you don't have to pay for it. PERIOD.
7. Report fraud. If you think you've been a victim of fraud, report it. It's one way to get even with a scam artist who cheated you. By reporting your complaint to 1-877-FTC-HELP or ftc.gov, you are providing important information to thwlp law enforcement officials track down scam artist and stop them!
FTC Consumer Complaint Form
Yerkes Upstate Real Estate Services
RESIDENTIAL, INVESTMENT, COMMERCIAL
LAND, FARM, PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
Global Relocation and Referral Services
Personal * Service * Support * Professionalism * Integrity
Providing friendly dedicated service - customized to your needs.
Using state-of-the-art methods to find the right property for you
and/or sell your property at the best possible price.