How many of these 7 Real Estate Facts did you already know?
There's a lot of information about real estate on the web. But even if you consider yourself the most research-savvy digital consumer of all time, you may not know everything you need to make the wisest decisions when negotiating a real estate transaction.
Here’s a quick list of things you may not already know that could put, or keep, money in your wallet while you’re in the real estate game.
- Home ownership is an important way to build wealth. Home ownership isn’t for everybody. But those who step onto the home ownership ladder steadily build wealth over their lifetime.
- Owning real estate can save you hundreds in taxes. When you own, you may be eligible for a slew of real estate tax deductions and credits. including state and local income and property taxes, and mortgage interest and mortgage insurance payments.
- Buyers who tapped expert real estate advice were glad they did. Nearly four out of five consumers, 78%, say their agent was a very useful source of information.
- Sellers were just as happy they worked with a real estate pro. Nearly nine out of 10 sellers, or 89%, wholeheartedly believe it’s important to work with an agent when selling.
- Sellers who spruce up and de-clutter their home draw more interest. Staging a home makes a big difference in buyers’ ability to see its potential.
- Sell-it-your-selfers are a dwindling crowd. The number of sellers who sold their home without a real estate pro has dropped to 8%, according to the buyer and seller study — the lowest share since this stat was first tracked in 1981.
- Sellers who go it alone leave money on the table.