Looking for help?
Tips, Tricks & Troubleshooting
Getting Techy w/Tara
Cancellations & Refunds
Advanced IDX is a much more robust search, similar to searching on the actual MLS. Users can search by hundreds of different fields that your MLS offers. Our programmers can add additional search fields (or even take some away that you don’t want). You also provide users the ability to do other types of searches, like a Listing ID Search, Map Search, Address Search or even just Basic.
Want to see a live website with Advanced IDX? Click Here.
How much does Advanced IDX Cost?
The price depends on your MLS – please refer to our MLS Coverage page for current pricing.
Setup Advanced IDX:
- Click the Setup Icon (little gear on the top left)
- Click on Advanced IDX
- Add New
- Enter your credit card information
- Fill out the required fields of the form
- Select your MLS from the section at the bottom
- Save on the top left
Once saved, our MLS department will email you the IDX forms to fill out as well as any instructions you will need. Please note the email will be coming from is email@example.com
Once approved by your MLS, our programmers will install the Advanced IDX on your website. We will email you directly to let you know once complete.
After it has been installed, we have several options available for customization. Simply submit a Digital Customization Request with what you want and we’ll take care of it for you. Many of these options can be set for you at no additional cost. For larger requests, we’ll be sure to quote you before doing any work.
Creating Search Pages:
Get creative! You can add multiple different search pages on your website with pre-saved search criteria. Example: Homes With Pools, Homes 600k-800k, etc.
- View your website as a regular consumer would
- Click on your Advanced Search page
- Enter in the desired search critera (price range, school district, etc.)
- Once you are looking at the desired results, copy the link in the address bar
- Go to Personal tab on the left, then Personal Websites
- Click Pages
- Add Page
- Select ‘Link to an Outside Website’
- On the right side under Menu Text, name the tab what you want it to read (ex: Homes 600k-800k)
- In the URL box, paste the link to the search you just copied
- Select ‘Open In Window’
Can I Add/Remove Fields from the Advanced Search?
Yes, we can easily add/remove fields from the advanced search for you. Adding fields depends on availability from your MLS feed. Keep in mind that while we can remove advanced fields, removing core fields could cause layout issues. The video above goes over core vs. advanced fields.
Can I set my default search page to something else, like the Map or Basic Search?
Yes, we can do that for you very easily; what page would you like to use?