Practical Moving Tips for Getting Started Early
You don’t have to rely on psychologists to know that moving your entire Lewes, DE household can be one of life’s more taxing events. Early on, well before you have firmed up a moving date, rather than just fretting about the impending high-tension move, there are a number of simple advance steps you can take to make the big day less grueling:
- Start to stockpile cartons and packing materials…all those Amazon cartons will come in handy!
- Begin packing all the things you won’t need to access before the move: holiday decorations, family photos, books, seldom-used kitchen items, etc.
- As you pay utility and credit card bills throughout the month, make a list of the regular services you’ll need to terminate.
- If you will be using professional movers, interview and select a reliable firm well in advance (pay most attention to recent online reviews).
- Start to sell or donate items you won’t need at the new place.
Once moving dates are set:
- Contact the movers to reserve the date.
- Using the list of services you prepared earlier, notify existing providers of the cut-off date—and establish accounts for your new address.
- Complete a post office change-of-address notification form. You can do it online here.
- Clear an area for collecting the items you use every day. On moving day, these will go into an “Unpack First” carton.
Avoiding moving day freakouts is a matter of minimizing the number of last-minute surprises. The value is more than just lowering stress when the big day comes—it’s the tried-and-true way to get the most out of what can and should be the ultimate goal: getting to enjoy the first day in your new home. Call me for what I can guarantee: top-notch assistance with every step of your Lewes, DE real estate experience! Call/Text me Russell Stucki at (302) 228-7871, email me at email@example.com, visit more listings at www.beachrealestatemarket.com.