Which Restaurants are the Local Favorites in Savannah, GA?
There’s no shortage of great places to eat in Savannah. The city is full of excellent restaurants and it’s a foodie paradise. Whether you love local cuisine or something from across the globe, you’ll find plenty of options throughout the city.
Not all of the best restaurants can be considered local favorites, however. Here’s a look at some of the top choices throughout Savannah, according to the locals.
Savannah is located very close to the sea and provides some of the freshest seafood you will find. There are plenty of great restaurants to enjoy an excellent seafood dish throughout the city. Some of the top choices include:
- Tubby’s Seafood – Found on River Street, Tubby’s provides some of the finest seafood you will find. The outdoor dining is incredible and the shrimp are the freshest in the area. Of course, it’s not all seafood here as the restaurant also provides good steaks and some chicken options.
- AJ’s Dockside Restaurant – An indoor and outdoor dining establishment, AJ/s provides a beautiful place to watch the sunset, while enjoying great seafood dishes.
- Coco’s Sunset Grill – Found on Tybee Island, Coco’s Sunset Grill is a bit hidden. It’s the perfect places to enjoy views of the marina and river as the shrimp boats come in for the day. The seafood isn’t fancy, but it’s super fresh and the drinks make it a great place to hang out.
- Crab Shack – All the locals recommend the Crab Shack for seafood in Savannah. This restaurant is the best place to go and you can even dine here with bare feet. You will enjoy all kinds of great steamed seafood dishes here and you can even feed the baby alligators.
Southern Cuisine Favorites
Of course, Savannah is a very southern city and offers plenty of great restaurants for southern cooking. Some of the top choices include:
- Sisters of the South – An inexpensive place to dine with plenty of good choices, Sisters of the South is a very popular choice. You’ll feel like you’re in grandma’s kitchen here with dishes, such as the ox tails.
- Mrs. Wilkes Dining Room – This family style restaurant provides large portions and plenty of good southern dishes. You can even get food to go from the back door.
- Sweet Potatoes – Gaining popularity from the Man Vs. Food show, Sweet Potatoes is known for their banana pudding. It’s a unique place to dine with incredible southern dishes.
- The Olde Pink House – One of the most popular choices in all of Savannah, The Old Pink House provides delicious southern cooking with a touch of class. It’s a casual setting and the building is the only 18th Century Mansion in the city. Enjoy outdoor dining and dishes, such as the crispy scored flounder.
Savannah is more than just a place for great seafood and southern cooking. Some of the other favorite restaurants found throughout the city include:
- Breakfast Club – Great for Breakfast
- The Ordinary Pub – A top spot for Brunch
- B. Matthews – An incredible Brunch spot
- Green Truck Pub – The best spot for a burger
- Jalapenos – Excellent local chain for Mexican food
- Pacci – One of the best Italian restaurants
- Sushi Zen – Excellent spot for Japanese cuisine
- Your Pie – Maybe the best local place for pizza
- Sandfly BBQ – Excellent choice for local BBQ dishes
- Six Pence Pub – A popular British pub
- Just Desserts – An excellent spot for cupcakes and other sweet treats
These are just a small sampling of the local favorite restaurants in Savannah. Try them all and you’re sure to find the places you’ll soon be recommending to visitors.