READY TO SELL?
A little effort and time of preparation before a visit to the House helps enormously in the sale. It reduces the time of promotion and it may result in more money for the seller. A few touches make a big difference to make a favorable impression on the buyer.
Explore your home as a buyer and take notes on what they could see, then repair or replace those items.
THE 10 MOST EFFECTIVE WAYS TO PREPARE YOUR HOME FOR SALE
- Make sure that your home does not have persistent odors from pets or food.
- Trash cans
- Empty and wash once a week with disinfectant.
- Clean clutter, especially on stairs, entrances and cabinets. You want to highlight the details of your home, not to draw attention to the problems.
- Neutral colors like whites let buyers focus on the spaces of the House instead of their colors.
- Personal objects
- Remove them from the walls and appliances so that customers can see themselves at home
- Open windows to let in natural light and add floor and table lamps to reduce the areas and make the House feel more wide, spacious and cheerful
- Get rid of bulky furniture of great size that make the space seem smaller.
- Storage space is a great point of sale by which organize cabinets and invest in organizers will help to make them not look full and narrow spaces.
- The baths are an important outlet in a home. Convert your spa, giving them a luxurious and relaxing atmosphere. Add scented candles, faux plants, tied cloths with tapes, towels and bathmats in games, etc.
- Most importantly, clean and close the lid of the toilet.