Today is Earth Day — a day to remember how fragile our planet is and how important it is to protect it. This year’s theme: Restore Our Earth.
I often wonder how little-ole-me can do anything meaningful or significant enough to make a difference. Truth is, by myself, I really can’t. But as we band together in small ways our impact will surely multiply!
Here are 10 things if we all committed to at home would have a tremendous impact on our planet:
• Select appliances with high energy-efficiency ratings.
• Repair leaky faucets (Five drips a minute equals 262 gallons a year!).
• Use reusable grocery bags.
• Consider a drip irrigation system.
• Clean refrigerator coils.
• Use cold water when washing clothes (HE washers and modern detergents make hot water optional.)
• Purchase wool dryer balls (these are amazing!).
• Unsubscribe from catalogs and junk mail lists.
• Set your printer to print two-sided.
• Bump the thermostat down. (68 degrees is the most energy-efficient temp in the winter; 78 in the summer.)
Join me in celebrating Earth Day right at home in the smallest of ways! And as always, please reach out if I can help or serve YOU in any way.
#lesliehugginsrealestate #rpirealestateservices #homesbyleslie #timetosell #lowinterestrates #sellingmiddlega #yourtrustedrealtor #localrealtor #homebuyingprocess #callmetoday #letsgettogether