Most Popular Community Amenities
Crafting the perfect lifestyle is about more than just the size of the kitchen or the space in the backyard. The community in which the home is located is almost as important to quality of life as the home itself. As more and more properties are developed in master planned communities, the home buyer is accustomed to considering neighborhood amenities as part of the package. Here are the most popular community amenities in 2019.
- Parks and Green Space – Topping the list of desired amenities is green space. Studies show that as home buyers seek smaller square footage, they also are seeking outdoor space from the neighborhood.
- Trail Systems – Along the same lines as green space and parks is the desire for trails throughout the community. Home buyers are interested in both paved and natural trails for walking, hiking or biking.
- Resort Style Pool and Clubs – Pools and clubhouses have become more elaborate over the past decade and home buyers expect their community pool to feel like a vacation spot in style, size and extras, such as towel service and snack bars.
- World Class Gyms and Courts – Exercise rooms and courts are also expected to rival the best paid clubs in the area.
- Main Street Village Centers – As developers create their neighborhoods, daily necessities must be readily available. Artfully designing the shopping area to include a main street feel is a huge plus to home buyers.
Lifestyle is a complete package. With the appeal of smaller homes and nomaintenance properties, home buyers are seeking the extra space in their communities, replacing large private yards with community space and amenities.